Copy Quantity & Backup Status
How to Set Copy Quantity
Copy Quantity refers to how many backup copies of each backup item you want to store
in the cloud space. Please set up the copy quantify from "Settings - Back up".
- The maximum of copy quantity you can set is 100.
- If there are no other computers online except your own computer, you cannot make
- Please set up a period of time in case that if the computer holding your backup
copies disconnects from your computer for this period of time , Backup Cow will
back up these files again on to the other available computers. You can set up from
"Settings - Back up".
- If there are computers a, b, c, d and your own computer connected in the same network,
and the copy quantity you set up is 2, the software will automatically compare with
each computer's remaining space in the cloud, then have your files stored in two
computers which have the largest cloud space available of the four.
- If there are computers a, b, c, d except your own computer connected in the same
network, but the copy quantity you set up is 5, the software will back up 4 copies
to these four computers. Then it will show "partially completed" in Backup Status.
When computer e, another one is connected to the network, the software will back
up the last copy to this computer. At this moment, it will show "completed" in Backup
- If the cloud space is not enough for you to back up all your files, the software
will back up as many as to the current computers. And the software will not back
up the remaining part until there are new computers connected to the network.